Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tips for Tights

 
Tights drive me scatty.

I wear them practically everyday and I ladder them frequently. 
But I'll be damned if I'm throwing them away as frequently as I ladder them.

I just can't bring myself to do it.
Such a waste.
Consequently I'm always on the look out for ways to prolong the life of my tights.

These are two of my favourites:

1 - Nail varnish - the natural enemy of ladders: Small, easily hidden ladders can be stopped by painting the surrounding area with nail varnish! You're tights may not be as good as new, but you can keep wearing them. And that is a win as far a I'm concerned.

2 - Falling-down-tights-be-gone pants: Potentially the least sexy under-garments in the world. But they do work.
 
If you have a pair of tights that fit well at the top, but that are laddered on the legs then chop em off. The resulting pant-type remnant can be worn over a good pair of tights to stop them sagging/falling down. 

Genius.

Just don't flash anyone, because not only does it look like you're wearing granny pants, but that you're wearing them over your tights... it's not a great look.


Let me know if you have anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment