Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why garters are a cycling essential

Cycling and skirts aren't always the best of friends.

I've caught petticoats and long skirts in my rear brakes.
I've occasionally realised a skirts has been obscure my rear light.
I've accidentally flashed my underwear at passers by more then once.

That's less than ideal for everyone involved.
But I have found a solution!


That's right, a garter!

I wear it just above my knee and pin the fabric of my skirts to it with a safety pin.

Since I've been using it I've not revealed my crotch to any unfortunate strangers in the street.
Success.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow wonderfully Victorian...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That please me very much! Turns out one of my longer, victorian-esk skirts is pretty good for cycling. Its so heavy that it barely notices the bike.

    ReplyDelete