Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Alice Obsession

I'm pretty obsessed with Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass.

My house is littered with Alice related tat... but my habit must be fed.
These are the latest additions to my collection:

The Disney version. I have a copy from my childhood, but it's on VHS, and so doomed never to be watched again.

Unsuk Chin's opera.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1972) with Peter Sellers (I hope for a little bit of Dr Strangelove vibe)

Alice in Wonderland: A Dance Fantasy. The ballet version. 

Also, Alice in Wonderland (1983) - I believe its an American version, and the Alice in it is meant to be exceptionally sullen... I really enjoy how different the characters turn out in different versions.

And an Alice through the Looking Glass Graphic Novel.

The next few weeks are looking pretty Alice-y to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment